IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Position: Marketing/Business Development Professional (MBDP)
Above Group Overview
We offer you the opportunity to put your passion and your God given talents and abilities to use. Our goal is to attract and develop skilled, called, and passionate people to impact our devoted customers and our team. We want to attract immensely creative employees with an ability to inspire, motivate, and challenge others. For more information, see www.abovegroupinc.com.
Our People Strategy
We believe in a people strategy to be the fundamental driver of our organization.
While we can never reach a perfect organizational model, we can certainly strive towards it in our daily efforts and mission. With that vision comes a focus of key initiatives we are working on, listed here, with the indicators of what it should look like as we approach:
- Shared Direction: A collective understanding of what the organization stands for, where it is going, and how we will get there. Indicators: a clear inspiring vision, well-executed strategies, clear aligned goals.
- Authentic Values: Deeply held principles guiding all decisions and relationships and reflected in the conduct of everyone at all times. Indicators: high levels of trust and communications, uncompromising integrity and ethics, socially responsible practices.
- Productive Relationships: Open, collaborative relationships that recognize and honor the commitments that people make to themselves, each other, their work, and the organization. Indicators: respect for all individuals, effective problem solving and decision-making, clear accountability, effective teamwork at all levels.
- Liberating Processes: Flexible structures, processes, and technologies that allow people to do their best work and to collaborate effectively across boundaries. Indicators: clear organizational design, collective knowledge, the right tools and technologies, the right people for the right jobs.
- Outcome Learning: Results-focused learning that strengthens individual and organizational capacity to cope with the present and define the future. Indicators: continuous teaching and learning, effective knowledge and skills development, leadership development at all levels.
- Motivating Metrics: Fair, meaningful performance requirements, measure and rewards that reinforce high performance and manage poor performance. Indicators: clear and energizing performance requirements, relevant work measures, differentiated rewards.
Our Vision – What We Want to Do
To provide a means of peace, stability, and flexibility to all those employed and served by serving our customers with excellence to achieve profitable growth which enables us to care for people and support missions and ministries in a way that honors God.
Our Mission – Why We Exist
To provide the best Engineering, Design, and Consulting solutions to the problems our customers face by leveraging technical expertise while striving to do everything above the standard and above expectations, focusing on:
- Technical Excellence
- Responsive Communication
- Total Customer Satisfaction
- Uncompromising Quality
- Superior Service
- Guaranteed Performance
Marketing/Business Development Professional (MBDP)
Our small but growing company needs a motivated, energetic Marketing/Business Development Professional to help lead the marketing and business development efforts of the company. This position will play an integral role in the customer service and organizational strength of our company. Exact position title and compensation will be determined based on ability and experience. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and prioritizing work, is essential in this position. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client-facing communication skills. If you have worked in a fast-paced environment in the past and you enjoy establishing your own organizational systems, we’re excited to talk with you. We’re looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed. The following is a list of some of the functions of this position:
- Coordinate the entire RFP/RFQ process.
- Work closely with Principals to present and market work of the firm.
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual strategic marketing plan including establishing and maintaining marketing budget.
- Provide support for speaking engagements, industry events, presentations, etc.
- Assist with marketing materials, including project descriptions, lists, resumes, data sheets, etc.
- Research potential clients and markets.
- Promote the firm at events.
- Provide support on graphic needs for project renderings, preparation for interviews and graphic communication throughout our proposals and marketing communication pieces.
- Coordinate professional photography
- Maintain the firm’s project portfolio digitally and for presentations.
- Create ad designs and work with online and print publications to further the brand and work of our firm.
- Create and produce award submissions, Power Point presentations, Eblasts, all social media representation of firm.
- Coordinate/perform website maintenance.
- Identify opportunities for staff to write for publications and to present at conferences and events.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and SOQs for potential clients
- Organize and maintain the resume database, project information, and project photo for team members
- Design marketing materials, and marketing programs
Key Characteristics of the Ideal Marketing/Business Development Professional (MBDP)
- Called – A strong sense of knowing who you are (i.e., gifts, talents, competencies) and how you are to spend your life. We fulfill our calling by being excellent at what God designed us to be and we diligently pursue it.
- Practice Servant Leadership – Leaders at Above Group are called to serve. We realize that effective leadership starts on the inside. We demonstrate that we are willing to do what others are unwilling to do. We will practice a Servant Leadership character that enriches the lives of others.
- A Commitment to Above Group – An understanding of and a commitment to the special purpose, mission, and beliefs of Above Group and will have a value system compatible with our values.
- People Abilities – Deep interest and care for people with an understanding of their primary interests, aims, strengths, and motivations.
- Working with Customers – A demonstrated ability to accomplish results through collaboration with and development of strong relationships with our customers.
- Organizational Skills – An ability to organize his/her own thoughts and work, while continually growing a results-oriented team. Ability to win the confidence of colleagues and office staff that demonstrates a well-functioning department.
- Insight and Strategy – A focused sense of strategy, (i.e., possessing the knowledge and sixth sense for how to implement our mutual goals). The ability to set realistic objectives and achieve them.
- A Sense of Timing – An intuitive sense of timing and appropriateness in relation to people and projects.
- Work Capacity – Sufficient physical and emotional energy to deliver the results necessary to advance our mission.
- Self-Starter – Creates ideas and follow through without prodding. (Balanced with judgment and knowing when and how to ask for assistance and counsel).
- Enthusiasm – A heartfelt passion for the work we do, which displays optimism – but not overselling and overstating.
- Character – A level of impeccable integrity that permeates others.
- Passion – The Above Group Vision will be irresistible to the right person. People skills, organizational and communication abilities must be truly remarkable, this person will be excellent at vision-casting in a manner that inspires others to join with us and develop solid relationships.
The Marketing/Business Development Professional shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years’ marketing experience for a professional services firm
- Excellent Communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Customer-service oriented
- Familiarity with mobile technology
- Pleasant, friendly disposition
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Position Located in Melbourne, FL
- U.S. Citizen
Process of Candidacy
If after reading this Opportunity Profile, you sense the gifts and experiences you possess are a good initial match for Above Group, we invite you to begin the “Expression of Interest” process. We handle all candidate information and conversations confidentially. You may contact us at any stage of the process to get more information and to ask questions. (Contact information is below).
Please provide the following documents and responses for review:
- A current resume.
- Responses to the following questions: Please type out the question and then your answer.
- Using what you have learned about Above Group from our website, this Opportunity Profile, and any other research you chose to conduct, describe how your life and career have prepared you to serve Above Group in this position?
- Why is this the right time for you to serve in this role? Are you willing to “Count the Cost” to serve in such a role and why?
- Describe what Servant Leadership means to you. Tell us how this has affected your career. What factors or habits are currently contributing to the vitality of your daily walk and how you serve others?
- Have you ever filed bankruptcy or for general protection from your creditors?
- Please share your personal as well as your work related goals (needs, wants, desires, hopes, expectations, dreams).
- Provide the names and contact information (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) for four references who know you and your career well enough to comment on your suitability for this position. (References will only be contacted after we have requested and received your permission to do so).
The search will be conducted in a very thoughtful, thorough, and consistent manner, with a conscious effort to preserve the confidentiality of all candidates. The search committee is committed to offering each potential candidate the same consideration throughout the process. There is a strong sense of urgency to fill this vital role.
Submit this information in Microsoft Word (.doc) format to: Hiring ManagerAbove Group, Inc. email@example.com
In the subject line of the email, please write “Marketing/Business Development Professional.”