Posted on: November 23, 2016
You’ve decided to hire an engineering consulting firm. If you have never hired a consulting firm before or you have a pressing deadline to meet, you may miss out on asking some important questions that are vital to the success of your project. Here are some examples of questions you may find beneficial.
1. What does your company offer that others do not?
A. You want to find the consulting agency that is the best fit for your company. Be sure you feel totally comfortable with the agency as they will have a big impact on your companies work.
2. What kind of software tools would you typically use for a project like this.?
A. Most consultants will have the experience to know what software your project needs, seeing if they have access to software/hardware to solve any problems that may arise is important.
3. Has the firm worked on comparable projects successfully?
A. Knowing if the engineering consultant has worked on comparable projects will give some perspective into whether or not the company has the experience to adequately handle your project.
4. Who are some of your previous clients?
A. By requesting a list of former and current clients you are able to gauge their level of work, what they can do and what they can handle, and even how successful their previous clients have been.
5. How many years of experience does the staff have and what type of engineering degrees do they have?
A. Finding an agency with the level of skill and experience needed for your project is crucial to its success.